Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Introduction 1-12-11

Fellow Travelers,

This is my first post -- first blog.  Seems momentous (to me) -- certainly marks a moment in my time zone.

I'm writing to share a process I've embarked on -- eight forty day meditations through the chakra system.
I  began this 320 day trek on December 26, but have only now, 18 days later,  stepped up to actually begin the blog.  Bit of hesitation here.

Chakras are the subtle energy centers of the body -- wheels of energy -- from the grossest (dense) level, chakra 1, to the subtler planes of the higher chakras.  There are seven chakras in some systems, eight, in the one I'm following, which includes the radiant body, or auric field.  I'm using several references for my course of study and will be quoting from these sources:  The Eight Human Talents by Gurmukh, and three books by Anodea Judith:  Wheels of Life, The Sevenfold Journey, and Eastern Body Western Mind.  As I glean from other sources I'll include them too.

I'm doing this to step up my own practice of Kundalini yoga -- and to keep track of the changes that occur in my body, emotions, and mental outlook, throughout the 320 days.  I'm a student and teacher of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.  He said the beginning of the Aquarian Age starts on 11-11-11.  My study is preparation for living in a more conscious world and it's timed to end the day before the New Age begins.  But really, there is no such definite day -- we live in a new world when we bring more consciousness to the time and circumstances in which we live.

All for now,
mf

No comments:

Post a Comment