Saturday, April 23, 2011

INDIVIDUATION 4-23-11

                                  ONLY CHILD

you close your legs tight
to keep me from being born
to keep me always with you

you feed me from the umbilical cord
the breast
so i'll only know nourishment that comes filtered through you

you squeeze me back in every time i try to get out
i should have been born in february
an aquarian
freedom-loving
independent
rebellious
but it's nearing the ides of march
and still i wait in my watery tomb

and every time i leave it's just like the first time
i have to be cut from you
i have to hear the sound of your flesh as it rips
i have to see the gaping hole and the bright red blood
i have to know what i've done to you for being born
for becoming myself
for daring to leave you
mother

No comments:

Post a Comment